Join Demian Borba for an in-depth discussion in this video Create a CC Library in Photoshop, part of Developing a Design System with Adobe XD.
- [Instructor] Now let's say we have a new creative director that really likes a very specific type of font, a specific color, and I need to apply that here in our design. So let's say that person also loves Photoshop, and we're going to use Creative Cloud libraries to bring all that, all the new brand guidelines, to our existing project in XD. So first of all, let's create tags here. And my director, my new creative director, really likes this font called Bauhaus 93, and the size here will be 52 black.
And also, for all the body text, we will use, Helvetica Regular size 32. I can align that. Perfect. And now let's create a Creative Cloud library to save this globally across all my apps in Creative Cloud. To do that, I click on the libraries icon here.
I already have a library created for my existing project. Let's create a new one. So I'm going to create a new library. This name will be Surf Guidelines, create. And now, we need to add the text, so I can click on the plus button here, and all I want here is the character style. I got that one from the body, and let's select this one now, and get the character style, add.
So now I have my title and I have my body text saved. Now let's say I want to save colors, so I will do that right here. So first of all let's create something that will make our style guide nice. I'll create a new layer. I'll make a light blue here. And this is the blue that my creative director likes. And then to save this, I can save this to my swatch panel. I can create a new swatch, and I'll call it Blue Surfing.
And you can see that I can also add it to my existing library, my Surf Guidelines. So I can click OK, and if I look at my library now, that color is available there for me to use. Wonderful. So now let's see how we can use these elements, the title, the body text, and the color in my document open in XD.
- Managing your project
- Managing typography and colors
- Pattern library with symbols
- Creating a CC Library in Photoshop
- Consuming colors and character styles
- Using linked and unlinked bitmaps
- Exporting assets
- Gathering feedback