Learn how to customize repeat grid content in Adobe XD.
- [Voiceover] I love using the repeat grid,…because really, it makes changes easy.…If I decide I want to make this left justified…and move it over, well, then it's gonna change…all of them at once.…Really easy to do.…But what I can also do is…I can customize the content for each item.…So for each repeated item, if I wanna change this text,…wonders of the ancient world, I can do that,…and make sure this one's the modern world,…I can type that in.…But notice that they all are still tied…to sort of the same class, to use a programming term.…
So if I do decide to change the color of it,…it's gonna change all of them.…But let's dive more into making this content specific.…And I could go down and start typing it in,…different text for each one of these repeated elements,…or swapping out this image.…But I wanna show you an easy way to do this,…because I'm actually gonna go…into my Exercise Files, my Assets folder right here.…And basically what I have is I have…this main list, this txt file.…
Well, I can take any txt file and drop it on to any element.…
Learn how to lay out a screen design with graphics and text and import vector and raster images. See how easy it is to create complex screen designs, complete with repeated lists and grids that are as simple to change as they are to create. This goes for any mobile screen type: iOS or Android, tablet or smartphone. Once the design is done, author Paul Trani shows how to add interactions and transitions to see how the app will "work" from one screen to the next. The end result is a full-featured prototype that can be shared with designers, developers, and clients, and broken down and exported as assets for use in development.
- Creating your first Adobe XD project
- Working with graphics and text in Adobe XD
- Importing assets
- Building additional screens for different display sizes and platforms
- Creating UI elements
- Using Repeat Grid for easy prototyping of lists and recurring elements
- Adding interactions to elements
- Creating transitions between screens
- Publishing and sharing a prototype
- Exporting artboards and assets