In Adobe XD see how to use the Repeat Grid for content that has multiple columns.
- [Voiceover] The repeat grid actually works…for a number of situations.…In fact, what I need to do is…I need to create the main screen for the iPad.…So that's what I need to do, right over here.…I'll select that title and I can do…cmd + d, or ctrl + d if you're on a PC…to duplicate it,…and now I have this main screen right here.…And I can remove the content I don't need,…which is most of it.…And I can start taking from this screen,…the stuff that I need.…In this case it's gonna be all three of these elements.…
So I'm gonna take it, I'm just gonna hold on the alt key,…click and drag everything over, just like that.…And I can start to adjust this content accordingly.…Now, when it comes to adjusting content…for the repeat grid, sure, I can expand it down…so it'll give me more rows,…but what about columns, well you guessed it.…It gives me columns as well.…So I'll stretch that out.…I could really start to fill out…this iPad screen as you'd expect.…Notice how I get this gutter right in here…for this column, so, as I roll over it,…
Learn how to lay out a screen design with graphics and text and import vector and raster images. See how easy it is to create complex screen designs, complete with repeated lists and grids that are as simple to change as they are to create. This goes for any mobile screen type: iOS or Android, tablet or smartphone. Once the design is done, author Paul Trani shows how to add interactions and transitions to see how the app will "work" from one screen to the next. The end result is a full-featured prototype that can be shared with designers, developers, and clients, and broken down and exported as assets for use in development.
- Creating your first Adobe XD project
- Working with graphics and text in Adobe XD
- Importing assets
- Building additional screens for different display sizes and platforms
- Creating UI elements
- Using Repeat Grid for easy prototyping of lists and recurring elements
- Adding interactions to elements
- Creating transitions between screens
- Publishing and sharing a prototype
- Exporting artboards and assets