This demonstration shows how to assign membership to role groups. Filters and searches are added to cmdlets to assign multiple users in the Management Shell.
- [Instructor] In the previous video,…we looked at the administrative role groups…in the Exchange admin center.…And I can double click any one of these role groups…to review the properties…including the management roles or permissions…that are given to anyone who becomes a member of this group.…If I scroll down on this page,…I get to the other property,…that being group memberships…or the collection of users and global security groups…that will be granted these permissions.…If I were to select add for this members box,…I would get the entire list of mailbox users…and security distribution groups.…
And I could select any of the users…that I need to add to this administrative role group.…If I needed to select more than one,…I could select them by name,…hold down the Control key,…and select as many other users as I want…before adding them to this group.…And this may be very convenient…if you need to select your users from a visible list.…But if you wanted to add several users…with a common Active Directory property,…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Planning and configuring Active Directory (AD)
- Creating and configuring mailboxes
- Delegating mailboxes
- Mailbox and mailbox folder permissions
- Mail-enabled users
- Send as versus Send on Behalf
- Using public folders
- Managing public folder permissions
- RBAC versus AD split permissions
- Configuring user assignment policies
- Protecting Exchange content
- Message signing and encryption
- Troubleshooting IRM failure
Skill Level Intermediate
Deploying Exchange Server 2016with Robert McMillen3h 1m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Transport Serviceswith Scott M Burrell2h 24m Intermediate
1. Plan and Configure Active Directory (AD)
3. Other Mail-Enabled Objects
4. Role-Based Access Control
5. Protecting Exchange Content
Next steps1m 51s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.