This demonstration shows the shell cmdlets that can be used to find messages in the Exchange queues and view their properties to troubleshoot mail flow.
- [Instructor] The message tracking log…allows us to create a more general type of log…than the protocol logs viewed in the last video.…I'm going to get the message tracking log…for this server,…which is exchange01 and if I only want to search…for messages sent by, say, the administrator's…email account, I could add the parameter…of…sender…and give his email address in quotation marks.…
Now, I'm going to be searching for a specific message…so, I'm going to add a filter on here.…I'm going to pipe the output of that get message tracking…through a filter list that will include sender…recipients…and the message subject and the message id.…Now, this is giving us a list…of the administrator's sent emails…and, more importantly, it gives us…the message id that will help us find even more information.…
If I wanted specific details about this email…to Robert Robertson, I could use a different…set of parameters on the same command-let.…Get message tracking log…but this time, instead of trying to get…all of the information and maybe just filtering it…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Planning and configuring transport and routing
- Understanding Safety Net
- Sending and receiving connectors
- Creating partner connectors
- High availability and site resilience
- Troubleshooting transport services
- Message security
- Filtering connections and recipients
- Spam confidence level thresholds
- Antivirus solutions
Skill Level Intermediate
Deploying Exchange Server 2016with Robert McMillen3h 1m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
1. Plan and Configure Transport and Routing
2. High Availability and Site Resilience
3. Troubleshooting Transport Services
4. Message Security
Next steps1m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.