In this segment you learn the prerequisites and the process for creating linked mailboxes for users whose accounts exist in a separate trusted domain.
- [Narrator] Today's business climate is full…of acquisitions and mergers.…If two companies with their own…active directory environments merge,…there may be a need to create mailboxes in one domain…for users in an entirely different forest.…The solution for this is linked mailboxes.…A linked mailbox can be created either in the admin center…or in the management shell.…So I'll demonstrate it in the admin center first…and then we'll take a look at the syntax…of the management shell commandlet.…
It begins in the same place as creating a mailbox…for a user of your own domain.…This time, however, when I click on New…I'm going to select Linked Mailbox.…The domain with the exchange servers…must already trust the domain with the users.…Domains with this trust already configured…will appear in the drop down list.…On the next screen,…you're going to be prompted for the credentials…of a user that is allowed to browse user accounts…in the trusting domain.…
I'm going to use the administrator account…in the Landon Cafe domain…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Planning and configuring Active Directory (AD)
- Creating and configuring mailboxes
- Delegating mailboxes
- Mailbox and mailbox folder permissions
- Mail-enabled users
- Send as versus Send on Behalf
- Using public folders
- Managing public folder permissions
- RBAC versus AD split permissions
- Configuring user assignment policies
- Protecting Exchange content
- Message signing and encryption
- Troubleshooting IRM failure
Skill Level Intermediate
Deploying Exchange Server 2016with Robert McMillen3h 1m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Transport Serviceswith Scott M Burrell2h 24m Intermediate
1. Plan and Configure Active Directory (AD)
3. Other Mail-Enabled Objects
4. Role-Based Access Control
5. Protecting Exchange Content
Next steps1m 51s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.