At the end of this video, the student will learn how the new transport architecture works in Exchange Server 2016. Knowing this information helps to understand how mail flows and can help gain perspective when troubleshooting mail transport.
- [Presenter] Understanding the new transport architecture…in Exchange Server 2016 can help you understand…how mail flows and can help gain perspective…when troubleshooting mail transport issues.…In previous videos, we discussed how to troubleshoot email…that can't be delivered and what tools to use…to fix those problems.…In this video, we're going to discuss…the architecture of email flow…so an administrator can make the decisions…on how to proceed with these tools…when there is an issue.…The first service we want to discuss is the…Front End Transport service…on Mailbox servers.…
This service acts as a stateless proxy for all inbound…and outbound external SMPT traffic…for Exchange Server 2016.…The Front End Transport Service…doesn't inspect message content…and it doesn't communicate with the…Mailbox Transport Service.…It also doesn't queue any messages locally.…The next service is the Transport Service…on Mailbox servers.…Now, this service is virtually identical to the…Hub Transport Server role, back in Exchange Server 2010.…
Need to set up Exchange Server for the first time? Check out Robert's previous course, Deploying Exchange Server 2016.
Note: This course maps to the certification exam for Exchange Server 2016. Review the course and exam blueprint for the Exchange Server 13 exam here and here.
- Reviewing the Exchange Control Panel
- Managing the Mailbox role
- Configuring permissions and delegates
- Managing and troubleshooting mail transport
- Troubleshooting SMTP mail flow and domain security
- Designing an Exchange SLA
- Backup and recovery
- Planning high availability
- Troubleshooting connectivity
Skill Level Intermediate
Migrating from Exchange Server 2010 to 2013with David Elfassy2h 23m Intermediate
Windows Server 2012 R2: Manage Group Policywith Ed Liberman1h 46m Intermediate
1. Using the Exchange Control Panel
2. Managing the Mailbox Role
3. Managing Transport
4. Exchange SLA
5. Backup and Recovery
6. High Availability
7. Troubleshooting Connectivity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.