Safety Net, formerly known as the transport dumpster, is shown to complement lagged copies of a mailbox database. You will also learn the configuration cmdlets.
- In Exchange Server 2013,…Microsoft improved on a protective service…and renamed it to better reflect its purpose.…The Transport Dumpster from Exchange 2010…and before has been built up and renamed to Safety Net.…The basic purpose is the same,…but it works much better now.…The core purpose of Safety Net…is to make a copy of all messages…being sent and received by an exchange server…and saving them somewhere else.…
This Safety Net protects you from losing recent data…in the event of a database or server failure.…Even messages being queued for sending…that didn't get to leave because of a failure…are going to be backed up here.…If you aren't using exchange clustering…or database availability groups,…Safety Net can keep its store of information…on any other exchange mailbox server…in your exchange organization.…If your exchange organization does use…multiple exchange servers clustered to back each other up,…every message being sent and received…is written to a Safety Net on another exchange server…in the database availability group as it is being written…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Planning and configuring transport and routing
- Understanding Safety Net
- Sending and receiving connectors
- Creating partner connectors
- High availability and site resilience
- Troubleshooting transport services
- Message security
- Filtering connections and recipients
- Spam confidence level thresholds
- Antivirus solutions
Skill Level Intermediate
Deploying Exchange Server 2016with Robert McMillen3h 1m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
1. Plan and Configure Transport and Routing
2. High Availability and Site Resilience
3. Troubleshooting Transport Services
4. Message Security
Next steps1m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.