Address rewrites are planned and configured on from the command shell on the Edge Transport server to resolve common issues with shared namespaces in Exchange 2016.
- [Instructor] There's a common business situation…that creates somewhat of a tricky troubleshooting scenario.…I'm going to use Landon Hotels to illustrate this.…Landon Hotels is a chain of fine hotels that…has enjoyed a long running relationship with Landon Cafe.…Landon Cafe has been an independent company…operating restaurants inside of Landon Hotel's locations.…As separate companies, they each have…their own domain name and their own exchange organizations.…
So, let's take a look at what would happen…if one day they worked out an acquisition.…All of the cafe employees still…have their @landoncafe email addresses…and the Exchange Servers are functioning as they always did.…The company has decided, however,…to create a single identity to the public…and wants all emails headed out of the company…to carry the domain name of landonhotels.com.…We now have two separate exchange organizations…that are going to share a Namespace.…
I could use a single commandlet in the management shell…on an Edge Transport server to configure something…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Planning and configuring transport and routing
- Understanding Safety Net
- Sending and receiving connectors
- Creating partner connectors
- High availability and site resilience
- Troubleshooting transport services
- Message security
- Filtering connections and recipients
- Spam confidence level thresholds
- Antivirus solutions
Skill Level Intermediate
Deploying Exchange Server 2016with Robert McMillen3h 1m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
1. Plan and Configure Transport and Routing
2. High Availability and Site Resilience
3. Troubleshooting Transport Services
4. Message Security
Next steps1m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.