In this video we look at ways to troubleshoot performance issues that stem from site link configuration, firewall settings, and improperly configured Exchange features.
- [Instructor] I wanted to wrap up…this chapter on troubleshooting…with a video on some of the features of…newer Exchange transport models.…These features aren't necessarily brand new…to Exchange 2016,…so the word new may be a little bit relative.…But if you're preparing for Exchange 2016 certification,…questions about the new transport model…will include these troubleshooting techniques.…At the beginning of this course,…we acknowledged that speed of mail delivery…is hard to quantify.…
That also makes it hard to troubleshoot.…However, if mail is not moving as fast as you'd like,…especially from site to site,…there are a few things that you can look at.…Remember that, much like routing generally,…Exchange will send messages along the cheapest route,…and it will normally use…Active Directory site link values.…You should be working out and assigning these link values…based on the speed of the link…and the amount of traffic…and other values that will allow you…to direct any Active Directory traffic down the best path.…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Planning and configuring transport and routing
- Understanding Safety Net
- Sending and receiving connectors
- Creating partner connectors
- High availability and site resilience
- Troubleshooting transport services
- Message security
- Filtering connections and recipients
- Spam confidence level thresholds
- Antivirus solutions
Skill Level Intermediate
Deploying Exchange Server 2016with Robert McMillen3h 1m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
1. Plan and Configure Transport and Routing
2. High Availability and Site Resilience
3. Troubleshooting Transport Services
4. Message Security
Next steps1m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.