This demonstration in the toolbox and the management shell shows how to use the various queues in Exchange 2016 to diagnose common issues with sent mail.
- [Instructor] Earlier in this chapter,…we looked at some of the log files that can be used…for troubleshooting an exchange server.…We saw how the logs can help us identify,…and diagnose errors connecting to the exchange server,…as well as success handing a message off to a remote server.…Sometimes, an email will fail to be sent,…and the logs don't contain all of the information…that we need.…If there's a breakdown between the user hitting the Send…button, and the message leaving our organization,…that message will be found in a queue somewhere.…
If you can find out which queue it landed in, and why,…you'll often find the problem and the fix.…You can get a quick look at all of the queues…on a single server from the management shell,…the commandlet to do this is "Get-Queue,"…and we only need a very small set…of information about the queues,…so I'm going to pipe this through a Select option,…where I'm going to request specifically the Identity,…the Status, and the MessageCount.…
This shows us all of the queues on our server.…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Planning and configuring transport and routing
- Understanding Safety Net
- Sending and receiving connectors
- Creating partner connectors
- High availability and site resilience
- Troubleshooting transport services
- Message security
- Filtering connections and recipients
- Spam confidence level thresholds
- Antivirus solutions
Skill Level Intermediate
Deploying Exchange Server 2016with Robert McMillen3h 1m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
1. Plan and Configure Transport and Routing
2. High Availability and Site Resilience
3. Troubleshooting Transport Services
4. Message Security
Next steps1m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.