Learn to troubleshoot mutual Transport Layer Security (TLS) by reviewing certificates, trusted authorities, connector configuration, and domain security.
- [Instructor] Earlier in this course,…we looked at TLS as a security protocol,…sometimes used in place of SSL.…TLS can be used for encryption with other…servers on the internet generally,…or it can be used to create a dedicated set…of send and receive connectors to operate…between two trusted partners or branches.…Your intended use of TLS will have some effect…on the things you will troubleshoot when setting it up.…And in the event that things stop working…somewhere down the line.…
TLS uses certificates to establish both encryption…and trust between email transport servers on the internet.…And for a certificate to work,…the issuing authority has to be trusted.…If you're using TLS for email generally,…you will need to get your certificate…from an authority that is trusted generally.…If you're setting up special connectors…to encrypt communication between two organizations,…each could use their own internal PKI…or their own certificate authorities.…
This could save money when obtaining…and renewing certificates, but it requires the other site…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Planning and configuring transport and routing
- Understanding Safety Net
- Sending and receiving connectors
- Creating partner connectors
- High availability and site resilience
- Troubleshooting transport services
- Message security
- Filtering connections and recipients
- Spam confidence level thresholds
- Antivirus solutions
Skill Level Intermediate
Deploying Exchange Server 2016with Robert McMillen3h 1m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
1. Plan and Configure Transport and Routing
2. High Availability and Site Resilience
3. Troubleshooting Transport Services
4. Message Security
Next steps1m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.