Learn about troubleshooting mail flow in this segment using Telnet. The process and benefit of adding banners to send and receive connectors is demonstrated.
- [Instructor] When we start talking about the mail flow…between exchange servers, we're generally talking about…components that use SMTP.…We're talking about the send and receive connectors…that are found on the mail flow tab…in the exchange admin center.…Unless you're configuring custom message routing,…you should be cautious about creating a lot of granular…control using multiple connectors.…In fact, if you start creating extra connectors…for server-to-server communication, you're more likely…to cause confusion than remove it.…
This includes different versions of exchange…in a coexistence environment.…Resist the urge to partition off your Exchange 2016 servers…using connectors and create unnecessary traffic routing…rules through or around those servers.…Allow them to interact with the other servers.…More connectors usually means more trouble.…If you're having transport issues and your connectors…are not to blame, check your routers or firewalls…that may exist between exchange servers.…
Besides mapping port 25 in from the outside,…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Preparing for hybrid configuration
- Deploying a hybrid configuration
- Troubleshooting Exchange Online
- Troubleshooting Office 365 clients
- Configuring the gateway
- Managing sharing policies
- Troubleshooting cross-forest availability
- Troubleshooting mail flow
- Migrating from earlier versions
Skill Level Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Transport Serviceswith Scott M Burrell2h 24m Intermediate
1. Coexistence with Office 365
2. Exchange Federation
3. Coexistence with Earlier Versions of Exchange
4. Migrate from Earlier Versions
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.