This demonstration uses Windows services and EMS cmdlets to diagnose issues with replication. Learn about tracking individual mailboxes and entire migration batches.
- [Instructor] The process of migrating mailboxes,…including public folder mailboxes,…begins with a replication.…Until the user move or batch migration is completed,…that's all it really is is a replication.…And the service that manage this replication…is the exchange mailbox replication service.…If any mailbox migration fails,…the reports from this service will explain why.…This mailbox replication service…runs as a low priority service,…which means it almost always takes a backseat…to sending and receiving messages.…
This can delay or pause replication for a while,…which can give the impression…that a migration has stalled out,…but be careful about trying to tune…the performance of this service…by altering organization configuration…or in other ways…because these types of adjustments…almost always have unintended consequences.…What you should do is track down a mailbox or server…that's actually encountering a problem.…And as is often the case with troubleshooting,…there are a few management shell commandlets…that can help us diagnose the issues that may occur.…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Preparing for hybrid configuration
- Deploying a hybrid configuration
- Troubleshooting Exchange Online
- Troubleshooting Office 365 clients
- Configuring the gateway
- Managing sharing policies
- Troubleshooting cross-forest availability
- Troubleshooting mail flow
- Migrating from earlier versions
Skill Level Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Transport Serviceswith Scott M Burrell2h 24m Intermediate
1. Coexistence with Office 365
2. Exchange Federation
3. Coexistence with Earlier Versions of Exchange
4. Migrate from Earlier Versions
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.