Learn about some of the most common issues encountered when synchronizing on-premises AD with Azure AD, including duplicate or missing users.
- [Narrator] Troubleshooting Exchange Online…can be broken down into three separate categories.…Troubleshooting the active directory synchronization,…diagnosing problems with the hybrid configuration,…and identifying issues with client configuration and access.…Because exchange relies so heavily…on information stored in active directory,…I'm going to start there.…While preparing for the hybrid exchange deployment,…we use the Azure Active Directory connect tool.…
This tool does a really good job…of synchronizing information…from On-Premises AD to Azure AD.…So long as the credentials for the two separate directories…have the required access it will…replicate what you have up to the cloud.…It even has a safeguard against…changing administrative credentials.…It creates a service account to use…once the configuration is complete.…This is the first thing that I want…to point out in troubleshooting.…It is possible that this service account…gets created and is affected by some group policy…to have a password that expires.…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Preparing for hybrid configuration
- Deploying a hybrid configuration
- Troubleshooting Exchange Online
- Troubleshooting Office 365 clients
- Configuring the gateway
- Managing sharing policies
- Troubleshooting cross-forest availability
- Troubleshooting mail flow
- Migrating from earlier versions
Skill Level Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Transport Serviceswith Scott M Burrell2h 24m Intermediate
1. Coexistence with Office 365
2. Exchange Federation
3. Coexistence with Earlier Versions of Exchange
4. Migrate from Earlier Versions
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.