Learn how to facilitate and troubleshoot users' ability to search for shared calendar information across AD forests using the Exchange Global Address List.
- [Instructor] The Exchange Federation Gateway…we've been looking at in this chapter…is designed to take free busy information…and other details from mailbox user calendars…and show it to users in a remote Active Directory forest.…Once the trust is in place…and all of our policies and relationships are created,…there's only one thing left to do.…The users now need a way to look each other up…in their Global Address Lists.…By default, users of Outlook or Outlook on the web…can search for invitees to a meeting…in the Global Address List…using the Availability service.…
Every user in the Exchange organization…is already in that list…and available to be searched.…But users in another Active Directory forest…would not appear in our Global Address List by default,…making it difficult for the Availability service…to do its job.…One way to overcome this…is a whole lot of manual data entry.…A more popular solution…is to use any of a number identity management tools,…such as Microsoft's Identity Manager…or some other third-party tool…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Preparing for hybrid configuration
- Deploying a hybrid configuration
- Troubleshooting Exchange Online
- Troubleshooting Office 365 clients
- Configuring the gateway
- Managing sharing policies
- Troubleshooting cross-forest availability
- Troubleshooting mail flow
- Migrating from earlier versions
Skill Level Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Transport Serviceswith Scott M Burrell2h 24m Intermediate
1. Coexistence with Office 365
2. Exchange Federation
3. Coexistence with Earlier Versions of Exchange
4. Migrate from Earlier Versions
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.