At the end of this video, the student will learn how to troubleshoot SMTP mailflow using the Queue viewer and other GUI tools. In order to see if you have a problem quickly, the built in GUI tools in Exchange Server 2016 and the Windows Telnet command can tell you if you have a problem delivering email and a brief description as to why.
- In a previous video in this course we discussed…how to interpret transport logs so we could…troubleshoot email flow.…Now let's discuss SMTP connectivity.…SMTP connectivity is outside of your transport's realm.…You may not always realize you even have an SMTP issue…until you check a few key tools in Exchange…such as the Q Viewer, the mail flow troubleshooter,…and the use of the Telnet command.…The Q Viewer will tell us very quickly…if there is an email problem inbound or outbound.…
Now earlier I sent an email to a non deliverable domain…to test showing what a stuck email looks like.…We're going to take a look at that shortly.…The mail flow troubleshooter is a website…that Microsoft makes available to exchange administrators…free of charge to be able to test to see whether…the domains you're trying to send email to…are accepting email and configured correctly.…And the last thing we're going to take a look at…is the Telnet command.…
Now Telnet needs to be installed through the ad rolls…and features, it is a feature that is not…
Need to set up Exchange Server for the first time? Check out Robert's previous course, Deploying Exchange Server 2016.
Note: This course maps to the certification exam for Exchange Server 2016. Review the course and exam blueprint for the Exchange Server 13 exam here and here.
- Reviewing the Exchange Control Panel
- Managing the Mailbox role
- Configuring permissions and delegates
- Managing and troubleshooting mail transport
- Troubleshooting SMTP mail flow and domain security
- Designing an Exchange SLA
- Backup and recovery
- Planning high availability
- Troubleshooting connectivity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Using the Exchange Control Panel
2. Managing the Mailbox Role
3. Managing Transport
4. Exchange SLA
5. Backup and Recovery
6. High Availability
7. Troubleshooting Connectivity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.