This video shows troubleshooting and resolution for common client access issues, with special focus on maintaining Microsoft client applications.
- [Instructor] Troubleshooting client connections…in an all On-Premise exchange organization…or in all online Office 365 tenant…are made simpler by the fact…that everything exists in one place.…One active directory holds all information…and one exchange organization…covers the entire active directory forest.…When we look at coexistent scenarios…like a hybrid Office 365 environment,…troubleshooting gets a little bit trickier.…
It's made better as you sort out where the mailboxes sit…so that you can troubleshoot the right area.…As you're troubleshooting a connection,…diagnosing issues with mail client apps…that didn't come from Microsoft is pretty straightforward.…Protocols like POP and IMAP…are enabled by default in Office 365…as well as an exchange server…that you have installed On-Prem.…If you go to the admin center…and select a handful of users,…you can scroll down in the bulk edit off to the right,…and enable or disable POP3 or IMAP…for entire collections' worth of users.…
You have the same environment…whether you're in the Office 365 admin center…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Preparing for hybrid configuration
- Deploying a hybrid configuration
- Troubleshooting Exchange Online
- Troubleshooting Office 365 clients
- Configuring the gateway
- Managing sharing policies
- Troubleshooting cross-forest availability
- Troubleshooting mail flow
- Migrating from earlier versions
Skill Level Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Transport Serviceswith Scott M Burrell2h 24m Intermediate
1. Coexistence with Office 365
2. Exchange Federation
3. Coexistence with Earlier Versions of Exchange
4. Migrate from Earlier Versions
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.