Learn about checking, renewing, and distributing federation trust certificates in this troubleshooting segment, along with cmdlets to verify federation information of outside organizations.
- [Instructor] Troubleshooting a federation trust…is always a bit tricky because it involves cooperation…with another company or organization.…If something is not working properly,…always investigate your own configuration first.…If you're trying to get an Exchange federation…working for the first time,…and you think you've got it, open the management shell…and run a couple of commands to be sure.…The first one that I'm going to run…is Get-FederationTrust,…and this commandlet will return…some very simple output about the federation trust,…and you'll notice that on my machine,…there are some blank fields.…
This means that I don't have a connection…to the federation gateway and that I need to go back…and retrace my steps from the beginning.…I can check the firewall settings,…and the nat settings that we've looked at previously…to ensure there is an open path to the server,…and I can also check to make sure…that the federation certificate was created…and sent to all Exchange servers in the organization.…There's another commandlet that I can use for that.…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Preparing for hybrid configuration
- Deploying a hybrid configuration
- Troubleshooting Exchange Online
- Troubleshooting Office 365 clients
- Configuring the gateway
- Managing sharing policies
- Troubleshooting cross-forest availability
- Troubleshooting mail flow
- Migrating from earlier versions
Skill Level Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Transport Serviceswith Scott M Burrell2h 24m Intermediate
1. Coexistence with Office 365
2. Exchange Federation
3. Coexistence with Earlier Versions of Exchange
4. Migrate from Earlier Versions
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.