Learn about centralized transport and custom message routing as solutions and issues found in Office 365 deployments. DNS troubleshooting is also discussed.
- [Instructor] Once Active Directory is syncing…and you believe the Hybrid organization is properly setup,…the most difficult issues to resolve…generally revolve around transport…and message routing issues.…Mail routing topologies are made up…of three or four components.…DNS, centralized transport,…custom message routing,…and if you have any third-party devices…or services, they'll come into play here as well.…When diagnosing issues with mail flow,…it's helpful to create a picture of the mail flow…that you intended…and as you troubleshoot, create a diagram…of the mail flow that you have.…
Getting from point A to point B is easier…when you can see both.…DNS records are key to the success…of a Hybrid configuration.…Once you place your on-premise Exchange servers…behind your firewalls…and configure whatever forwarding is necessary,…you need to make sure that the public DNS records…reflect the correct public IP addresses.…And, in addition to simple host name resolution,…the public DNS zone needs to contain an MX record…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Preparing for hybrid configuration
- Deploying a hybrid configuration
- Troubleshooting Exchange Online
- Troubleshooting Office 365 clients
- Configuring the gateway
- Managing sharing policies
- Troubleshooting cross-forest availability
- Troubleshooting mail flow
- Migrating from earlier versions
Skill Level Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Transport Serviceswith Scott M Burrell2h 24m Intermediate
1. Coexistence with Office 365
2. Exchange Federation
3. Coexistence with Earlier Versions of Exchange
4. Migrate from Earlier Versions
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.