In this segment, learn troubleshooting methods and tools for diagnosing client access to Exchange following the addition of a newer version of Exchange.
- [Instructor] Most troubleshooting models include an…analysis of what may have changed that could have…contributed to the problem.…When you start changing over name space and…installing new versions of the same product…in an existing environment, it can be tricky…nailing down which change is the culprit.…One thing that can help is to narrow things…down by the scope of the problem.…If every user and every client application…on the same side of the router has an issue…connecting, the problem has to be something…shared by everyone on that side of the router.…
Externally, this is most likely the firewall…settings, or DNS.…If this is the case, your best approach to…resolving DNS issues is to roll back your…DNS or port forwarding changes and start…testing the servers one at a time.…This involves setting DNS for the rest…of the world, while allowing a test workstation…to have its own name resolution, independent…of the DNS server.…You can do this on any Windows computer.…
On any Windows workstation or server, in the…Windows directory, inside System32, there's a…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Preparing for hybrid configuration
- Deploying a hybrid configuration
- Troubleshooting Exchange Online
- Troubleshooting Office 365 clients
- Configuring the gateway
- Managing sharing policies
- Troubleshooting cross-forest availability
- Troubleshooting mail flow
- Migrating from earlier versions
Skill Level Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Transport Serviceswith Scott M Burrell2h 24m Intermediate
1. Coexistence with Office 365
2. Exchange Federation
3. Coexistence with Earlier Versions of Exchange
4. Migrate from Earlier Versions
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.