Transport Layer Security is used to send and receive encrypted email. This video outlines the requirements of using mutual TLS between trusted partners.
- [Instructor] Email has long been considered…an unsecured means of communicating.…This is in part due to the way messages…fly around the internet unprotected,…and in part because of the attack target,…that is the email server.…A couple of things have been done…by most email server products to combat these problems.…The most common is the encryption of messages…being transported to and from your organization,…to specific partners, or to other email addresses generally.…
Transport Layer Security, or TLS,…is enabled by default in Exchange 2013 and 2016.…And it's used in place of SSL…for encrypting messages between SMTP servers.…Using encryption for outbound email on the internet…can be a little risky,…because there will be some destination servers…that don't support encryption.…For this reason, TLS is only used…when both sides recognize it.…
If a server sends a TLS-encrypted message…to one of your exchange servers,…and you haven't disabled TLS,…then that encryption will be used.…When a message is being sent by your exchange server…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Planning and configuring transport and routing
- Understanding Safety Net
- Sending and receiving connectors
- Creating partner connectors
- High availability and site resilience
- Troubleshooting transport services
- Message security
- Filtering connections and recipients
- Spam confidence level thresholds
- Antivirus solutions
Skill Level Intermediate
Deploying Exchange Server 2016with Robert McMillen3h 1m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
1. Plan and Configure Transport and Routing
2. High Availability and Site Resilience
3. Troubleshooting Transport Services
4. Message Security
Next steps1m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.