Learn about the final step of migration—removing the older version of Exchange—together with cautions about requirements and compliance concerns.
- [Narrator] For the most part, this chapter has focused on…migrating mailboxes in an exchange organization…that contains Exchange 2010 or Exchange 2013 servers,…that we would like to replace with Exchange 2016 servers.…Migrating client access services prove to be more about…managing your firewall and DNS than any changes…you would actually make to Exchange.…And the transport services can be a bit of work…as you make sure that your Exchange 2016 servers…are configured with all the necessary connectors.…
Also, you will need to inventory your applications and…devices that send email, to make sure that they have all…been reconfigured to point to the new Exchange 2016 servers.…These are the easiest to forget.…Make sure everything knows…who will relay their messages now.…Once that's done, and email is flowing as it should,…there is still one last thing to consider.…The backups that you've run on your legacy exchange server…can only be restored…to the same exchange legacy installation.…
If everything runs smoothly and you have everything you need…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Preparing for hybrid configuration
- Deploying a hybrid configuration
- Troubleshooting Exchange Online
- Troubleshooting Office 365 clients
- Configuring the gateway
- Managing sharing policies
- Troubleshooting cross-forest availability
- Troubleshooting mail flow
- Migrating from earlier versions
Skill Level Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Transport Serviceswith Scott M Burrell2h 24m Intermediate
1. Coexistence with Office 365
2. Exchange Federation
3. Coexistence with Earlier Versions of Exchange
4. Migrate from Earlier Versions
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.