This segment shows how to use confidence levels of delete, reject, quarantine, move to junk, or deliver to evaluate message content in the fight against spam.
- [Tutor] The spam filters considered so far,…have been a sort of binary tree of decision-making.…Is the sender's IP on the allow list?…Yes or no?…Is the recipient approved for outside messages?…Yes or no?…And so on.…Looking at the content of a message…is not as cut and dry but it will identify spam…that can't be spotted any other way.…There are various characteristics of spam email…that can be detected by an exchange server…but classifying a message as spam,…just because it contains a single trigger…will register a lot of false positives…just because an email contains the words;…free sample or for a limited time…doesn't necessarily make it spam.…
It could have come from someone inside…your own marketing department.…Things like, these trademarks are not affiliated…with this offer, is common in a lot of spam emails…but it also could be included in an email warning…from the legal department inside your company.…A spam confidence level is a value assigned to a message…by your exchange server based on these various triggers…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Planning and configuring transport and routing
- Understanding Safety Net
- Sending and receiving connectors
- Creating partner connectors
- High availability and site resilience
- Troubleshooting transport services
- Message security
- Filtering connections and recipients
- Spam confidence level thresholds
- Antivirus solutions
Skill Level Intermediate
Deploying Exchange Server 2016with Robert McMillen3h 1m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
1. Plan and Configure Transport and Routing
2. High Availability and Site Resilience
3. Troubleshooting Transport Services
4. Message Security
Next steps1m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.