In this segment you will learn how to plan send and receive connectors to take over mail flow in the event of a server outage, including action plans for outages.
- [Instructor] I want to begin this segment…with a reminder of which servers run the transport service.…I've spoken a bit about the Edge Transport role…of Exchange Server 2016, and how it can protect…your mailbox servers by relaying messages…in and out of a protected network.…But if you're confident that your firewalls…and port forwarding are providing adequate protection,…that relay may not be necessary.…The transport service is running…on all of your mailbox servers.…It has to, that's how it sends email…from one server to another.…
Keep that in mind, when you design…your high availability plan.…Every Exchange server has the ability…to send and receive mail.…Using connectors that are built in by default,…and some that you may add.…Also remember that by default,…Exchange mailbox servers do not have…any send connectors configured.…Until you create send connectors,…your Exchange users will never send email…between sites or to the Internet.…It used to be common for large Exchange organizations…to use partner connectors to send and receive…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Planning and configuring transport and routing
- Understanding Safety Net
- Sending and receiving connectors
- Creating partner connectors
- High availability and site resilience
- Troubleshooting transport services
- Message security
- Filtering connections and recipients
- Spam confidence level thresholds
- Antivirus solutions
Skill Level Intermediate
Deploying Exchange Server 2016with Robert McMillen3h 1m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
1. Plan and Configure Transport and Routing
2. High Availability and Site Resilience
3. Troubleshooting Transport Services
4. Message Security
Next steps1m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.