Shadow redundancy is introduced in this segment with cmdlets to enable and configure it to provide another layer of protection against database failure.
- [Instructor] We have looked at a few different features…that protect the Exchange organization,…including SafetyNet, which writes copies of messages…being received to aid in recovering from a backup.…Shadow Redundancy is another service…that protects individual messages…from being lost for any reason.…It happens even earlier than SafetyNet…to protect messages in any environment…where you have more than one Exchange Server.…This service is enabled by default…and can be best described…with a diagram of the message flow.…
Here we have an SMTP server somewhere on the Internet…that just sent an email to one of our users.…It doesn't matter whether we use an edge transport server…or not for these purposes.…The Shadow Redundancy is part of the transport service…on the mailbox server.…As soon as the message is received,…gets copied before being routed to the mailbox database,…and even before an acknowledgement is sent…to the originating SMTP server,…this copy is sent to another Exchange Server…in the organization.…
If you have more than one Active Directory site,…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Planning and configuring transport and routing
- Understanding Safety Net
- Sending and receiving connectors
- Creating partner connectors
- High availability and site resilience
- Troubleshooting transport services
- Message security
- Filtering connections and recipients
- Spam confidence level thresholds
- Antivirus solutions
Skill Level Intermediate
Deploying Exchange Server 2016with Robert McMillen3h 1m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
1. Plan and Configure Transport and Routing
2. High Availability and Site Resilience
3. Troubleshooting Transport Services
4. Message Security
Next steps1m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.