At the end of this video, the student will learn how to set up and use a site mailbox. A site mailbox allows users to access both SharePoint and email using the same interface to allow the ability to view and manage both email and shared documents more efficiently.
- [Instructor] A site mailbox allows users to access…both SharePoint and email using the same interface…to allow the ability to view and manage both email…and shared documents more efficiently.…Let's set up a site mailbox.…Now first we need to have Exchange,…and we also need to have SharePoint.…The easiest way to demonstrate this is through Office 365…where we have both installed and ready to go.…So you can see our portal is set to the Home page…at this time, but we can also click on our SharePoint…to see our Team Site.…
The site mailbox is a central email and document sharing…account that is accessed from the SharePoint site.…So instead of going into Outlook web access,…you're going to go into SharePoint first…and then access the email.…And this email is going to be shared by all the users…in your team, and you can decide who is in your team…from your organization.…It could be everyone in your organization…or it could be specific team members.…Your team can use a site mailbox to collaborate…on composing an important email message,…
Need to set up Exchange Server for the first time? Check out Robert's previous course, Deploying Exchange Server 2016.
Note: This course maps to the certification exam for Exchange Server 2016. Review the course and exam blueprint for the Exchange Server 13 exam here and here.
- Reviewing the Exchange Control Panel
- Managing the Mailbox role
- Configuring permissions and delegates
- Managing and troubleshooting mail transport
- Troubleshooting SMTP mail flow and domain security
- Designing an Exchange SLA
- Backup and recovery
- Planning high availability
- Troubleshooting connectivity
Skill Level Intermediate
Migrating from Exchange Server 2010 to 2013with David Elfassy2h 23m Intermediate
Windows Server 2012 R2: Manage Group Policywith Ed Liberman1h 46m Intermediate
1. Using the Exchange Control Panel
2. Managing the Mailbox Role
3. Managing Transport
4. Exchange SLA
5. Backup and Recovery
6. High Availability
7. Troubleshooting Connectivity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.