At the end of this video, the student will learn how to assign delegates to a room mailbox. This allows mailbox users to auto accept or decline booking requests for a room that needs to be reserved in an office.
- [Instructor] Setting up a Room Mailbox Delegate…allows a user to take ownership…or send email as the Room Mailbox themselves.…This could be helpful if you have a Room Mailbox…where you want to lease out a conference room.…And let's say that conference room, for some reason,…becomes unavailable due to a water leak.…Well, you need someone…to take control of that conference room mailbox…in order to send email out to everyone saying…that your appointment has now been canceled…because we've got some sort of technical issue.…
So we're in the Exchange admin center,…and we clicked on recipients and resources.…And we've got our OAKRoom conference room mailbox.…So let's go ahead and double-click.…And from here we're gonna go to the bottom…where it says mailbox delegation.…Here we have a couple of options.…The first one is the Send on Behalf,…this allows you to send email off…to a particular user or group of people…as this resource room mailbox.…Let's go ahead and click the plus…and give John access to do so.…
Click OK when done.…
Need to set up Exchange Server for the first time? Check out Robert's previous course, Deploying Exchange Server 2016.
Note: This course maps to the certification exam for Exchange Server 2016. Review the course and exam blueprint for the Exchange Server 13 exam here and here.
- Reviewing the Exchange Control Panel
- Managing the Mailbox role
- Configuring permissions and delegates
- Managing and troubleshooting mail transport
- Troubleshooting SMTP mail flow and domain security
- Designing an Exchange SLA
- Backup and recovery
- Planning high availability
- Troubleshooting connectivity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Using the Exchange Control Panel
2. Managing the Mailbox Role
3. Managing Transport
4. Exchange SLA
5. Backup and Recovery
6. High Availability
7. Troubleshooting Connectivity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.