At the end of this video, the student will learn how to turn automapping on or off in Exchange Server 2016. Automapping automatically adds any mailbox a user has Full Access permissions to their Outlook client.
- [Narrator] Exchange Server 2016 has a feature…called AutoMapping.…AutoMapping automatically adds any mailbox a user has…full access permissions to their Outlook client.…So if we take a look in Outlook as you see here,…on the left hand side we see we are in John's mailbox,…but we also see Mary's mailbox at the bottom…and that's because we went into the admin control center…and we went ahead and added…full access to Mary's mailbox by John.…
Let's take a look and see how we do that.…We're in the Exchange Admin Center…and we see Mary's account.…Let's go ahead and double click on Mary…and from here we'll click on mailbox delegation.…And if we scroll to the bottom, we see full access…is given to John as well as the administrator.…So when John opens up his mailbox,…we're going to see Mary's mailbox automatically…simply because he has full access to it.…
One of the problems with that is if you're the administrator…for example and you get access to everyone's mailbox…then you're going to see every single person's mailbox…
Need to set up Exchange Server for the first time? Check out Robert's previous course, Deploying Exchange Server 2016.
Note: This course maps to the certification exam for Exchange Server 2016. Review the course and exam blueprint for the Exchange Server 13 exam here and here.
- Reviewing the Exchange Control Panel
- Managing the Mailbox role
- Configuring permissions and delegates
- Managing and troubleshooting mail transport
- Troubleshooting SMTP mail flow and domain security
- Designing an Exchange SLA
- Backup and recovery
- Planning high availability
- Troubleshooting connectivity
Skill Level Intermediate
Migrating from Exchange Server 2010 to 2013with David Elfassy2h 23m Intermediate
Windows Server 2012 R2: Manage Group Policywith Ed Liberman1h 46m Intermediate
1. Using the Exchange Control Panel
2. Managing the Mailbox Role
3. Managing Transport
4. Exchange SLA
5. Backup and Recovery
6. High Availability
7. Troubleshooting Connectivity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.