In this video you will learn how to use the sender filter agent, including cmdlets that maintain lists to block messages from specific senders and sending domains.
- [Instructor] In the previous video,…we looked at ways to block or allow connections…from SMTP servers based on their IP address.…Now, we're going to look at things differently…as we attempt to classify email as spam…using the sending domain name as well as…the sender's email address.…Like other spam configurations in Exchange,…the maintenance of this list is done…from the management shell.…The Set-SenderfilterConfig commandlet…is used to modify the list of blocked senders.…
I could create entries to add to the existing list…using the @ sign and an open brace…followed by Add= to add email addresses…to the blocked senders list.…I would simply add these email addresses…in quotation marks and if I had multiples,…I would separate them with commas.…If I wanted to remove an address from my current list,…I could simply add a semicolon and use the same syntax…to remove an email address from the list…before adding the closing brace.…
Managing who is and who is not on the list…is a constant task if you decide to use this feature.…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Planning and configuring transport and routing
- Understanding Safety Net
- Sending and receiving connectors
- Creating partner connectors
- High availability and site resilience
- Troubleshooting transport services
- Message security
- Filtering connections and recipients
- Spam confidence level thresholds
- Antivirus solutions
Skill Level Intermediate
Deploying Exchange Server 2016with Robert McMillen3h 1m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
1. Plan and Configure Transport and Routing
2. High Availability and Site Resilience
3. Troubleshooting Transport Services
4. Message Security
Next steps1m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.