The configuration cmdlets to manage the sender ID agent from the Management Shell are demonstrated as a means of verifying a message's sending domain.
- [Instructor] The sender ID agent…is a nice complement to sender filters…because it performs a reverse DNS check…to make sure that the sender's domain…aligns with the IP addresses where the message originated.…If I received an email from email@example.com,…the sender ID agent will find the originating IP address.…Then it can take that IP and do a reverse DNS lookup.…If that address is assigned to some other domain,…the sender ID agent can reject the message as phishing…or some other spoofing scam.…
By default when this agent is enabled,…messages from outside the organization that fail the test…will be stamped as potential spam,…but allowed to pass through.…You can configure the agent to do something differently…using the Set-SenderIDConfig commandlet.…The important parameters here are SpoofedDomainAction,…which can be set to delete…if you want the identified messages rejected,…and also BypassedSenderDomains,…followed by domain names that should be allowed in…even if they fail the reverse DNS lookup.…
And you can add up to 100 of these.…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Planning and configuring transport and routing
- Understanding Safety Net
- Sending and receiving connectors
- Creating partner connectors
- High availability and site resilience
- Troubleshooting transport services
- Message security
- Filtering connections and recipients
- Spam confidence level thresholds
- Antivirus solutions
Skill Level Intermediate
Deploying Exchange Server 2016with Robert McMillen3h 1m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
1. Plan and Configure Transport and Routing
2. High Availability and Site Resilience
3. Troubleshooting Transport Services
4. Message Security
Next steps1m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.