This video demonstrates how to create, start, and complete a migration batch for multiple user mailboxes using a CSV file and the Exchange Management Shell.
- [Instructor] When you're facing the migration of…a large organization with hundreds or even…thousands of user mailboxes, scripting the move…becomes progressively more appealing.…We saw before that a csv file could be used…to provide a list of users to migrate.…If you plan to do a batch migration from…the management shell, this csv file is where…the users are listed.…The file only has one required field.…It must have one field named EmailAddress,…and that field needs to be populated with…the SMTP address of all of the users to be…migrated in this batch.…
There are three other fields that you can…add when you're creating a large batch,…especially if there are different properties…for different users in the same list.…Including the field TargetDatabase allows…you to specify the destination database for…each mailbox, whether they're the same, or…especially if some might be different.…TargetArchiveMailbox and BadItemLimit…round out the same choices that we saw in…the exchange admin center.…So once you've decided which fields are…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Preparing for hybrid configuration
- Deploying a hybrid configuration
- Troubleshooting Exchange Online
- Troubleshooting Office 365 clients
- Configuring the gateway
- Managing sharing policies
- Troubleshooting cross-forest availability
- Troubleshooting mail flow
- Migrating from earlier versions
Skill Level Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Transport Serviceswith Scott M Burrell2h 24m Intermediate
1. Coexistence with Office 365
2. Exchange Federation
3. Coexistence with Earlier Versions of Exchange
4. Migrate from Earlier Versions
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.