The differences between retrying and resubmitting Exchange messages are introduced along with Management Shell cmdlets to configure the resubmission queue.
- [Narrator] All of your efforts…to create redundancy and other fault tolerance…within your exchange organization can only go so far.…They can only provide high availability…on your own email servers.…Sometimes the problem you encounter in sending an email…is due to an outage or other problem…on the other side of the equation.…When this happens,…you can either retry the message or resubmit it.…Retry means to do the same thing again.…Send the same message to the same server…at the same IP address.…
If there was a simple breakdown in communication…or a packet was lost on the Internet,…this is the quickest and simplest way…to give it another shot.…Resubmitting the message means taking it out of the queue…and placing it back in the queue as a new message.…This is a more complete do-over…as it will look for the MX record again and could be sent…to that organization's fail over solution…or some other path.…The EdgeTransport.exe file on an exchange server…has several parameters that manage the timing…of these retries and resubmissions,…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Planning and configuring transport and routing
- Understanding Safety Net
- Sending and receiving connectors
- Creating partner connectors
- High availability and site resilience
- Troubleshooting transport services
- Message security
- Filtering connections and recipients
- Spam confidence level thresholds
- Antivirus solutions
Skill Level Intermediate
Deploying Exchange Server 2016with Robert McMillen3h 1m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
1. Plan and Configure Transport and Routing
2. High Availability and Site Resilience
3. Troubleshooting Transport Services
4. Message Security
Next steps1m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.