At the end of this video, the student will learn how to recover a corrupted mailbox server role in Exchange Server 2016. Sometimes this role becomes corrupt and there is a correct way to restore this role without breaking Exchange altogether.
- [Narrator] In prior Exchange versions, the Mailbox role…was not essential for every Exchange server.…You could split the various roles up into different servers.…But now, every Exchange Server except for the…Edge Transport, needs to have the Mailbox role…installed on it, and you cannot separate it…from Exchange itself.…So, how do we resolve a corrupt Mailbox role,…where Exchange ceases to function properly,…even though the databases are working just fine?…Well, we do that by adding a second Exchange Server.…
In our case, we've already installed a…second Exchange Server, but you can do this by…adding another server, putting Windows Server…2012 on it, followed by Exchange Server 2016.…Once you join the organization, then you'll see…multiple servers in your server list, as you see here.…The next thing we need to do, is to determine…what mailboxes are on the server that has the…corruption problem, and move them over to the…replacement temporary server, by clicking on recipients,…and from here we'll click on the three dots,…
Need to set up Exchange Server for the first time? Check out Robert's previous course, Deploying Exchange Server 2016.
Note: This course maps to the certification exam for Exchange Server 2016. Review the course and exam blueprint for the Exchange Server 13 exam here and here.
- Reviewing the Exchange Control Panel
- Managing the Mailbox role
- Configuring permissions and delegates
- Managing and troubleshooting mail transport
- Troubleshooting SMTP mail flow and domain security
- Designing an Exchange SLA
- Backup and recovery
- Planning high availability
- Troubleshooting connectivity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Using the Exchange Control Panel
2. Managing the Mailbox Role
3. Managing Transport
4. Exchange SLA
5. Backup and Recovery
6. High Availability
7. Troubleshooting Connectivity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.