This segment explores how the client access features of proxy and redirect function in a coexistence environment with Exchange 2016 and earlier versions.
- [Instructor] The proxy and redirect features…of exchange server allow a client access server…to accept a request from a user regardless of which…exchange server hosts their mailbox.…The user can connect using IMAP, Outlook Anywhere,…ActiveSync or whatever and the exchange server will act…as proxy for the mailbox server…where the information is found.…This feature provides a convenience to users…because they don't have to know the specific server…that holds their mailbox.…
It's helpful in a coexistence environment,…because it allows you to have one front end with a unified…upgraded interface, even though some of the mailbox servers…are still running older versions.…Take a look at this scenario.…Landon Hotels' Corporate Office has a data center…configured as an active directory site that does not…face the internet directly.…Most of the corporate employees that work out of the office…have mailboxes on the exchange 2013 server located here.…
Another active directory site is set up in the same city.…This site does face the internet and it hosts the exchange…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Preparing for hybrid configuration
- Deploying a hybrid configuration
- Troubleshooting Exchange Online
- Troubleshooting Office 365 clients
- Configuring the gateway
- Managing sharing policies
- Troubleshooting cross-forest availability
- Troubleshooting mail flow
- Migrating from earlier versions
Skill Level Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Transport Serviceswith Scott M Burrell2h 24m Intermediate
1. Coexistence with Office 365
2. Exchange Federation
3. Coexistence with Earlier Versions of Exchange
4. Migrate from Earlier Versions
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.