This video shows you how to use Azure AD Connect to link on-premises Active Directory with Azure AD, the user directory for Office 365 tenants.
- The first step in preparing to create…a hybrid Exchange environment is…synchronizing your on premise Active Directory…with your Azure Active Directory tenant.…If you've created your Azure tenant…as part of setting up an Office 365 subscription,…but have not yet connected your on premise Active Directory,…you can do this by downloading…the AAD connect tool from Microsoft.…The easiest way to find this is…just search "download azure Active Directory connect"…and select the link at microsoft.com…to download this utility.…
From here you'll find the download link…and it's not a very large file,…so downloading it shouldn't take much time.…And once you've downloaded this you're going to…need to install it on a member server or domain controller…that will take on the responsibility…of reading on premise Active Directory information…and synchronizing it up to Azure.…Here we are on the domain controller for landonhotel.com.…I have this downloaded file, so I'm going to launch it here.…
You switch over to the AAD Connect tool…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Preparing for hybrid configuration
- Deploying a hybrid configuration
- Troubleshooting Exchange Online
- Troubleshooting Office 365 clients
- Configuring the gateway
- Managing sharing policies
- Troubleshooting cross-forest availability
- Troubleshooting mail flow
- Migrating from earlier versions
Skill Level Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Transport Serviceswith Scott M Burrell2h 24m Intermediate
1. Coexistence with Office 365
2. Exchange Federation
3. Coexistence with Earlier Versions of Exchange
4. Migrate from Earlier Versions
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.