In this video, learn how to plan for the different types of storage Exchange 2019 can use. There are many more storage types available than in previous versions, but not all storage is created equal.
- [Instructor] Following the preferred architecture … helps customers become a member of a community … of organizations with similar Exchange Server deployments. … This allows easier knowledge sharing … and facilitates a more rapid response … to unforeseen circumstances. … High availability is extremely important … when it comes to Exchange Servers … because at any time a hard drive … or a RAID card can fail … and this can cause the server to go down. … Multiple copies of databases means … a database availability group. … This allows you to make multiple copies … of an Exchange database on multiple Exchange Servers, … whether you're in the same datacenter … or spread out amongst multiple sites. … We will cover DAGs in upcoming videos … and demonstrate setting this up for deployment. … We can easily let our Exchange Server setup … get out of control, so we should consider … how we can reduce complexity and add availability. … We do this using the following techniques. … For the namespace, the choices are to either …
- Planning an Exchange Server deployment
- Installing Exchange
- Installing authentication certificates
- Configuring authentication methods
- Designing mail flow
- Configuring send and receive connections
- Configuring transport rules
- Creating database availability groups for HA
- Managing database cluster failover for HA
- Accessing Exchange using Outlook
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Planning for Exchange Deployment
2. Deploying the Client Access Services
3. Deploying Email Transport
4. Deploying High Availability
5. Command Line Setup Options
6. Deploying Mobile and Outlook Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.