In this video, learn how database size affects performance and how to properly plan for it. Setting the correct database size is critical to not using too many or too little resources on an Exchange 2019 server application. Having the correct knowledge for this procedure and the reasons behind it will help considerably in your server’s performance.
- [Instructor] Setting a maximum mailbox size … for email users is important … so a few individuals don't use all of the available space. … First let's check our available hard drive space, … and then we'll go in and set our limits. … If we go into our File Explorer, … we can see the drive that we have Exchange installed, … and we can see how much space that we have. … Next, we want to go where it says Servers … in our Exchange admin center, … and databases as you see, which is highlighted at the top. … We'll double-click on our database. … And we'll go to limits. … And we see several options. … The first option, by default, is to issue a warning when … the mailbox gets to 1.9 gigabytes per user. … It will then prohibit any sending of email at two gigabytes, … and it will also prohibit receiving email … as well as sending at 2.3 gigabytes. … We can do a couple of different things. … For instance, on the prohibit send, … we could either go in and type in an exact number, … or we can hit the drop down and just choose unlimited. …
- Planning an Exchange Server deployment
- Installing Exchange
- Installing authentication certificates
- Configuring authentication methods
- Designing mail flow
- Configuring send and receive connections
- Configuring transport rules
- Creating database availability groups for HA
- Managing database cluster failover for HA
- Accessing Exchange using Outlook
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Planning for Exchange Deployment
2. Deploying the Client Access Services
3. Deploying Email Transport
4. Deploying High Availability
5. Command Line Setup Options
6. Deploying Mobile and Outlook Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.