At the end of this video, the student will learn how to recover email using item level recovery. Recovering an entire Exchange mailbox can be done in a disaster, but sometimes clients need to restore a single piece of email and this is demonstrated in this video.
- [Teacher] Recovering an entire Exchange database…can be done after a disaster, but sometimes clients…need to restore a single piece of email…or a single mailbox, and this is demonstrated in this video.…Let's take a look at the different Exchange recovery options…in Exchange Server 2016, and our first one…is the recovery of the database itself.…And this is going to be demonstrated shortly,…where we're going to create an entirely new…recovery database, and then restore the database…we backed up and restored in the previous video.…
Another option, which is much more simple, is the undelete,…and that is if we deleted an item from the deleted folder,…but the database is still up and running.…There is a simple procedure for that.…The third option would be using a third-party program.…There are several third-party programs,…such as Backup Exec, Acronis, Arcserve, and others,…that will allow us to backup and restore…a single mailbox or single mail items.…One of the big limitations of Windows Server Backup…is you can only backup and restore entire databases.…
Need to set up Exchange Server for the first time? Check out Robert's previous course, Deploying Exchange Server 2016.
Note: This course maps to the certification exam for Exchange Server 2016. Review the course and exam blueprint for the Exchange Server 13 exam here and here.
- Reviewing the Exchange Control Panel
- Managing the Mailbox role
- Configuring permissions and delegates
- Managing and troubleshooting mail transport
- Troubleshooting SMTP mail flow and domain security
- Designing an Exchange SLA
- Backup and recovery
- Planning high availability
- Troubleshooting connectivity
Skill Level Intermediate
Migrating from Exchange Server 2010 to 2013with David Elfassy2h 23m Intermediate
Windows Server 2012 R2: Manage Group Policywith Ed Liberman1h 46m Intermediate
1. Using the Exchange Control Panel
2. Managing the Mailbox Role
3. Managing Transport
4. Exchange SLA
5. Backup and Recovery
6. High Availability
7. Troubleshooting Connectivity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.