At the end of this video, the student will learn how to create dial tone portability to temporarily give users a mailbox to use while waiting for their mailbox database to be repaired. This will keep the administrator from having to recreate the entire company’s user’s mailboxes which would take a lot of time and could cause other issues.
- [Narrator] Dial Tone Portability gives users…a temporary mailbox to use…while waiting for their mailbox database…to be repaired.…This will keep the administrator…from having to recreate…the entire company's users mailboxes,…which would take a lot of time…and could cause other issues or delays.…The temporary mailbox could be…on the same Exchange 2016 mailbox server…or on any other Exchange 2016 mailbox server…in your organization.…
The process for using Dial Tone Portability…is called a Dial Tone Recovery,…which involves creating an empty database…on a mailbox server to replace a failed database.…The first step is going to be…to create an empty database.…Basically, this is done in Exchange Admin Center…under the server's mailbox area.…And we can go ahead and choose…to create a new mailbox database,…but not have to put anything in it at that time.…
The next thing we wanna do is open up…our Exchange Power Shell…and type in a command to redirect…the email to the new database.…So all new email being sent or received…to our existing users will go to…
Need to set up Exchange Server for the first time? Check out Robert's previous course, Deploying Exchange Server 2016.
Note: This course maps to the certification exam for Exchange Server 2016. Review the course and exam blueprint for the Exchange Server 13 exam here and here.
- Reviewing the Exchange Control Panel
- Managing the Mailbox role
- Configuring permissions and delegates
- Managing and troubleshooting mail transport
- Troubleshooting SMTP mail flow and domain security
- Designing an Exchange SLA
- Backup and recovery
- Planning high availability
- Troubleshooting connectivity
Skill Level Intermediate
Migrating from Exchange Server 2010 to 2013with David Elfassy2h 23m Intermediate
Windows Server 2012 R2: Manage Group Policywith Ed Liberman1h 46m Intermediate
1. Using the Exchange Control Panel
2. Managing the Mailbox Role
3. Managing Transport
4. Exchange SLA
5. Backup and Recovery
6. High Availability
7. Troubleshooting Connectivity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.