This video discusses the benefits of Office Online Server in an Exchange organization, and demonstrates the requirements, installation, and initial configuration.
- [Presenter] Some users, myself included, have become…accustomed to one really handy feature of Google's Gmail.…When the email contains an attached document,…it's nice to be able to open it right here in the browser,…without even downloading the attachment.…You can have this same functionality in Outlook on the web…on your Exchange Server with an additional product.…Office Online Server allows you to host your own…online versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote.…
OOS is designed to integrate with more than just Exchange.…It can be used with SharePoint to create…a completely self-sufficient collaboration space.…It can also integrate with Skype for Business…to give you a complete unified messaging solution.…But for Exchange, it gives us a version of Microsoft Office…that can be used to open and edit documents…inside of Outlook on the web, right in the browser.…
Installing OOS takes a little bit of preparation.…It's not quite as involved,…or anywhere near as time consuming as installing Exchange,…but you should plan about an hour…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Planning namespaces
- Managing proxies and redirection
- Configuring client access
- Working with online servers
- Managing address lists and offline address books
- Allowing, blocking, and quarantining access
- Load balancing namespaces
- Troubleshooting POP/IMAP connectivity
- Troubleshooting Outlook Anywhere
- Resilient namespaces and URLs
- Configuring certificates for failover
Skill Level Intermediate
Deploying Exchange Server 2016with Robert McMillen3h 1m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
1. Understanding Client Access Services
2. Mobility Solutions
3. Load Balancing
4. Troubleshooting Client Connectivity
5. Site-Resilient Client Access Solutions
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.