Learn about OAuth as the means of sharing free-busy information, allowing eDiscovery, and facilitating other information sharing in a hybrid environment.
- [Instructor] I mentioned previously that in the hybrid…environment, on-premise exchange and exchange online…are two separate organizations, even if they house email…addresses with the same domain name.…This means that special trusts and connectors…have to be configured to allow information to flow freely…between them.…The Hybrid Configuration Wizard established links…to make sure user mailbox properties can be read…from active directory and the proxy redirect functions…of exchange client access service can relay information…back and forth.…
But there are other pieces of information that are important…to share between the two, including information…that's inside the mailboxes themselves.…Free and busy details from users' calendars…is a common thing to share within a company.…Making this visible across exchange organizations…usually requires a federated trust and an object…that Microsoft used to call an exchange Federation Gateway.…And we'll talk about this gateway later on in the course…when we explore sharing this type of information…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Preparing for hybrid configuration
- Deploying a hybrid configuration
- Troubleshooting Exchange Online
- Troubleshooting Office 365 clients
- Configuring the gateway
- Managing sharing policies
- Troubleshooting cross-forest availability
- Troubleshooting mail flow
- Migrating from earlier versions
Skill Level Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Transport Serviceswith Scott M Burrell2h 24m Intermediate
1. Coexistence with Office 365
2. Exchange Federation
3. Coexistence with Earlier Versions of Exchange
4. Migrate from Earlier Versions
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.