At the end of this video, the student will learn how to monitor database replication when working with high-availability DAGs. Monitoring replication and indexing for problems can keep the server highly available in case a single node fails.
- In a database availability group setup, monitoring the…replication between servers and databases is important so…we know they're in sync.…If they're out of sync, or database has failed, we will…need to fix these issue before one of the nodes goes down,…and we lose redundancy.…We're going to discuss two different topics…in this particular video, the first one…will be database replication, and the second one…will be content indexing.…We can check both of these with just a few commands,…in our Exchange PowerShell.…
The database replication is the ability to see that…the databases are in sync with each other.…The content indexing is also important because it…allows users in Outlook to be able to search for email.…When they search for email in the ost file, even if it's…located locally on the computer, it still uses the…exchange server to index, or search all of those emails.…If content indexing is broken, then the ability to search…is also broken.…
Let's take a look at these commands, and run them,…and check to see if our databases are…
Need to set up Exchange Server for the first time? Check out Robert's previous course, Deploying Exchange Server 2016.
Note: This course maps to the certification exam for Exchange Server 2016. Review the course and exam blueprint for the Exchange Server 13 exam here and here.
- Reviewing the Exchange Control Panel
- Managing the Mailbox role
- Configuring permissions and delegates
- Managing and troubleshooting mail transport
- Troubleshooting SMTP mail flow and domain security
- Designing an Exchange SLA
- Backup and recovery
- Planning high availability
- Troubleshooting connectivity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Using the Exchange Control Panel
2. Managing the Mailbox Role
3. Managing Transport
4. Exchange SLA
5. Backup and Recovery
6. High Availability
7. Troubleshooting Connectivity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.