Moderating of distribution groups is demonstrated in this video, including configuration in the Exchange admin center and the available responses in Outlook.
- [Instructor] Earlier in this chapter…we created distribution groups…and we saw some of the security features of those groups.…Sometimes it's important to limit…who can send messages to a group…but sometimes it's more appropriate…to have messages reviewed…before being sent.…Distribution groups…and even mailboxes can be assigned moderators…to review messages being sent to the group…or individual mailbox…and either approve or reject them.…
Here I am in the Admin Center…taking a look at the distribution groups…that we have created.…In our situation, we found that the All Employees group…has been abused.…There have been some messages sent to all employees…of the organization that really didn't need…to go to everyone,…so we're going to have to assign a moderator to that group.…I'm going to double click on All Employees…and when the page opens up,…I'm going to go to message approval.…
The very top checkbox will turn on moderation…and below that I can add a moderator to the group.…Now, if I was able to close this box…without making any selections,…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Planning and configuring Active Directory (AD)
- Creating and configuring mailboxes
- Delegating mailboxes
- Mailbox and mailbox folder permissions
- Mail-enabled users
- Send as versus Send on Behalf
- Using public folders
- Managing public folder permissions
- RBAC versus AD split permissions
- Configuring user assignment policies
- Protecting Exchange content
- Message signing and encryption
- Troubleshooting IRM failure
Skill Level Intermediate
Deploying Exchange Server 2016with Robert McMillen3h 1m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Transport Serviceswith Scott M Burrell2h 24m Intermediate
1. Plan and Configure Active Directory (AD)
3. Other Mail-Enabled Objects
4. Role-Based Access Control
5. Protecting Exchange Content
Next steps1m 51s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.