This video prioritizes and demonstrates how mailboxes are migrated, starting with the arbitration mailbox. User mailbox migration using the EAC is shown.
- [Narrator] Once you have Exchange 2016…coexisting with Exchange 2013 or 2010,…the biggest part of the migration is moving mailboxes…from the older Exchange servers to the newer ones…and the first mailbox that we need to move…is not in the recipients list.…The first one that we need to move…is the arbitration mailbox.…This mailbox contains a number of critical pieces…of information that really need to be located…on the newest version of Exchange.…
It contains any messages that are being moderated…and it's used in creating the offline address book,…but, more importantly and more relevant to the task at hand,…the arbitration mailbox holds administrative audit logs…and the status of your mailbox migrations.…It's important to have this information…on the destination version of Exchange…before we start moving the other mailbox.…Since that mailbox is not in this list,…I'm going to have to do this work…from the Exchange management shell.…
So here on the Exchange 2016 server,…I'm going to open the management shell…and I'm going to enter the commandlet…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Preparing for hybrid configuration
- Deploying a hybrid configuration
- Troubleshooting Exchange Online
- Troubleshooting Office 365 clients
- Configuring the gateway
- Managing sharing policies
- Troubleshooting cross-forest availability
- Troubleshooting mail flow
- Migrating from earlier versions
Skill Level Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Transport Serviceswith Scott M Burrell2h 24m Intermediate
1. Coexistence with Office 365
2. Exchange Federation
3. Coexistence with Earlier Versions of Exchange
4. Migrate from Earlier Versions
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.