Learn about legacy public folder migration, including downloading the scripts from Microsoft, assessing current public folders, and completing the migration.
- [Instructor] Microsoft has prepared a series of scripts…to facilitate the migration of public folders…from Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2016.…They're easy enough to find.…I entered download exchange public folder migration scripts…into a search engine and it returned results including…a download site at microsoft.com.…When I go to that site and scroll down a little bit,…I can select download and I will see all six…of the scripts that I'm going to need.…
I can check the top box to go ahead and download…all six of these files and each one…will download separately.…So if I move over to my downloads directory now,…here are all six of the files that I needed,…and I need to place them in a path that will be…easy to remember and type when I'm doing the migration.…I recommend a folder named PFS or some short abbreviation…of Public Folder Scripts that's created right on the root…of one of your drive volumes.…
So now if I go back to my downloads,…select all of these files, I can move them all…into that Public Folder Scripts directory.…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Preparing for hybrid configuration
- Deploying a hybrid configuration
- Troubleshooting Exchange Online
- Troubleshooting Office 365 clients
- Configuring the gateway
- Managing sharing policies
- Troubleshooting cross-forest availability
- Troubleshooting mail flow
- Migrating from earlier versions
Skill Level Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Transport Serviceswith Scott M Burrell2h 24m Intermediate
1. Coexistence with Office 365
2. Exchange Federation
3. Coexistence with Earlier Versions of Exchange
4. Migrate from Earlier Versions
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.