This video demonstrates how to use the Exchange Management Shell to manually resubmit email messages without waiting for or changing the configured wait time.
- [Instructor] Sometimes you'll want to move things along…faster than the timelines you may have established.…There is a manual way to do this.…If I go back to the Windows Explorer,…I can go to the install directory of Exchange…and look for a directory called TransportRoles.…In there, there's another folder named Replay.…This is the location of the queue…that's scanned every five seconds…for messages to be resubmitted.…If I export messages stuck in the delivery queue to a file,…I can place them in that folder…to force a quicker attempt at resending the message.…
The export is a little tricky.…It's done in the Exchange admin shell,…and I've already typed in this command once…to verify that it worked,…so let me go ahead and put it on the screen…and let's just walk through it.…It starts with getting messages,…and specifically we're going to filter our results…by searching for a from address…of firstname.lastname@example.org.…This will help us retrieve just emails sent…by this specific user on this specific server,…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Planning and configuring transport and routing
- Understanding Safety Net
- Sending and receiving connectors
- Creating partner connectors
- High availability and site resilience
- Troubleshooting transport services
- Message security
- Filtering connections and recipients
- Spam confidence level thresholds
- Antivirus solutions
Skill Level Intermediate
Deploying Exchange Server 2016with Robert McMillen3h 1m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Mailbox Databaseswith Scott M Burrell2h 30m Intermediate
1. Plan and Configure Transport and Routing
2. High Availability and Site Resilience
3. Troubleshooting Transport Services
4. Message Security
Next steps1m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.