At the end of this video, the student will learn how to manage the activation of databases in a database availability group. This is a necessary task when managing replicated Exchange servers when a node goes offline, or the Exchange email services will not be highly available.
- [Instructor] When working…with database availability groups in Exchange Server 2016,…we can change the database copy activation preference.…This is a necessary task…when managing replicated Exchange servers…and a node goes offline,…or the Exchange email services…will not be highly available.…In our Exchange Admin Center,…we have two different servers,…we have Exchange 2 and Exchange 3,…and we have one database that's…in a database availability group…that's highly available.…
And you can see on the right-hand side…that it is mounted on both Exchange 2…and Exchange 3, and currently it is active…on Exchange 2.…If we click on the view details,…we can see that this has…an activation preference number of 2.…If we click Cancel, and open up the details…on Exchange 3, we can see this has…an activation preference number of 1.…The lowest number will have the activated preference…when both servers reboot.…
So in this case, our Exchange 3 has the lower number,…but Exchange 2 is actually hosting the database.…That must mean there's been some sort…
Need to set up Exchange Server for the first time? Check out Robert's previous course, Deploying Exchange Server 2016.
Note: This course maps to the certification exam for Exchange Server 2016. Review the course and exam blueprint for the Exchange Server 13 exam here and here.
- Reviewing the Exchange Control Panel
- Managing the Mailbox role
- Configuring permissions and delegates
- Managing and troubleshooting mail transport
- Troubleshooting SMTP mail flow and domain security
- Designing an Exchange SLA
- Backup and recovery
- Planning high availability
- Troubleshooting connectivity
Skill Level Intermediate
Migrating from Exchange Server 2010 to 2013with David Elfassy2h 23m Intermediate
Windows Server 2012 R2: Manage Group Policywith Ed Liberman1h 46m Intermediate
1. Using the Exchange Control Panel
2. Managing the Mailbox Role
3. Managing Transport
4. Exchange SLA
5. Backup and Recovery
6. High Availability
7. Troubleshooting Connectivity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.