At the end of this video, the student will learn how to enable message tracking and how to understand what each of the tracking messages mean in our Exchange environment.
- [Instructor] In Exchange Server 2016 many times we need…to track down messages that may not have been delivered…and find out what type of errors there are,…and we do that using message tracking…and protocol logs analysis.…This is one of the best ways to identify…whether the problem exists in Exchange…or if the problem lies elsewhere.…Since Exchange 2013…the Hub Transport servers have been removed.…The message tracking logs are stored in the Mailbox servers.…
So there're some steps we need to do…to turn on message tracking and protocol…after we get into our Exchange admin center.…So let's start with message tracking.…So we're in our Exchange admin center.…We're going to go to servers,…and then we're gonna go to servers again.…And we're gonna double-click on the Mailbox server…that we would like to turn this on,…and then we click on transport logs.…From here we're going to enable the Message tracking log,…and we're going to take note of the location…where the log path is located.…
And we'll do that simply by copying that location.…
Need to set up Exchange Server for the first time? Check out Robert's previous course, Deploying Exchange Server 2016.
Note: This course maps to the certification exam for Exchange Server 2016. Review the course and exam blueprint for the Exchange Server 13 exam here and here.
- Reviewing the Exchange Control Panel
- Managing the Mailbox role
- Configuring permissions and delegates
- Managing and troubleshooting mail transport
- Troubleshooting SMTP mail flow and domain security
- Designing an Exchange SLA
- Backup and recovery
- Planning high availability
- Troubleshooting connectivity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Using the Exchange Control Panel
2. Managing the Mailbox Role
3. Managing Transport
4. Exchange SLA
5. Backup and Recovery
6. High Availability
7. Troubleshooting Connectivity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.