In this video, learn how to install and uninstall Exchange Server 2019 roles through the command line. Sometimes the GUI interface will not launch due to software problems, and the command line interface can assist in overcoming these issues.
- [Instructor] We previously discovered … how to install Exchange Server 2019 … using the graphical user interface. … We can also do installations using the command line. … So we'll take a look, … we see that our exchange ISO file is mounted to the D drive. … Now we'll open up a command prompt, … and we'll take a look at the commands needed … to install Exchange Server 2019 using the setup.exe command. … So first let's switch over to our D drive, … and we'll type setup.exe, which is what we'll need … for all of our different installation types. … Then we'll need a forward slash mode colon install, … so it knows it's doing an installation. … After that, we can do a forward slash r for role, colon, … and we can type mailbox, … or we can just type mb mailbox. … Either one will work. … There's only two roles that we can install. … The other option is edgetransport, … or we could just, once again, type ET. … If we do a forward slash OrganizationName, … we can put in whatever we would like to call this, …
- Planning an Exchange Server deployment
- Installing Exchange
- Installing authentication certificates
- Configuring authentication methods
- Designing mail flow
- Configuring send and receive connections
- Configuring transport rules
- Creating database availability groups for HA
- Managing database cluster failover for HA
- Accessing Exchange using Outlook
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Planning for Exchange Deployment
2. Deploying the Client Access Services
3. Deploying Email Transport
4. Deploying High Availability
5. Command Line Setup Options
6. Deploying Mobile and Outlook Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.